Monday 7 February 2011

Biting bums and saving lives

I spotted an interesting piece of news today. It seems that millionaire pet boutique owner Andrew Saville-Edwards has had to cough up over a thousand pounds after his long haired Weimaraner, Jazz landed him in court.
Jazz’s crime was shoving his nose up a jogger’s shorts in Kensington Gardens and biting her on the buttock.  Apparently she couldn’t sit down for days.
If you ask me, Mr Twiddly Bumbag-Smith got what he deserved, if only for owning ‘Pet Pavilion’, which caters for London’s celebrity dogs and sells Japanese herbal dog shampoo along with Swarovski crystal collars – not to mention running dog yoga classes.
Although the best has to be dog umbrellas....yes really.
A very different world from mine, where I have been out in gale force winds and rain for most of the day and am currently in trouble for eating half a bag of builder’s sand.
Back in the real world, I’m feeling a little inadequate after reading about Shirley the medical detection dog in today’s Telegraph. If her seven year old owner’s blood sugar levels fall, Shirley springs into action and alerts the family.
I am training myself to raise the alert if Beard slips into a coma. It’s quite simple. I just count the number of cans of Stella and once it gets up to six I start biting his feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment