Sunday 23 January 2011

Musical ties and mad dogs

So, a fascinating week in politics when we all learnt the difference between filibustering and gerrymandering, and just how downright boring Parliament can be. Except of course the highlight of the week, when Tory MP Nadhim Zahawi stood up in the House of Commons to discuss the Educational Maintenance Allowance, to the accompaniment of his musical tie. Turns out it was a promotional tie for the charity 'Beat Bowel Cancer'. PR coup of the week!

In dog world, my own highlight of the week was breaking through the Colditz-style defences to get upstairs for the first time. And I finally know why I haven't been allowed up there before.... B and W are keeping a mad border collie in the bedroom!  He ran at me as soon as I got through the door and then copied everything I did, except no matter how hard I growled, he didn't make a sound. How weird is that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment