Sunday 20 November 2011

Chasing the cat and getting the boot



In dog world, this level of extreme exhaustion only comes from a major bout of physical and mental activity.
..........Like eating a pair of Ugg boots and then trying to eat somebody’s cat, perhaps?
So this is a public apology to Vicar Jan and her family, who I suspect are unlikely to ask me to stay for the weekend again. 

I am very, very sorry indeed.

In my defence, I live in a house where the humans have the fashion sense of Timmy Mallett and Sue Pollard, so I had never come across an Ugg before.

I do now apreciate the depth of my crime.

As for the cat... what can I say?  They do say that the cat’s motto is: “No matter what you’ve done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it.”

And it did look a bit like a squirrel.
So especially for Vicar Jan – here’s a story I saw on a great South African pet website by a vet, Martha Hardison:
A client brought a litter of golden retriever puppies to my veterinary clinic for inoculations and worming. As the look-alike pups squirmed over and under one another in their box, I realized it would be difficult to tell the treated ones from the rest. So, I turned on the water faucet, wet my fingers, and moistened each dog's head when I had finished. After the fourth puppy, I noticed my talkative client had grown silent. As I sprinkled the last pup's head, the woman leaned forward and whispered, "I didn't know they had to be baptized, too."


1 comment:

  1. I've just baptised 3 very wriggly babies wearing slippery satin dresses. Thankfully I didn't drop any of them or I'd be getting the order of the boot too.

    I think you can be confident of forgiveness Mr.Bounce. To err is canine to forgive divine xx

    ReplyDelete